Big mahalo to Hawaii Triple Crown on a sold out event. Every competitor form RSA had multiple matches and we are stoked on their performance.
Congratulations to everyone that represented our school and also to the other Relson Gracie Association students and coaches! Awesome job.
Due to multiple inquiries on providing classes for 5-6 year old kids, RSA has scheduled a class held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 to 4:40 pm. We welcome everyone who is interested to contact us using our Free Intro form to join.
AUGUST 21, 2023
RSA STANDARDS AND BEST PRACTICES FOR
UPPER BELTS / INSTRUCTORS
1. Anyone of the opposite sex, minors and all RSA instructors are never to be alone at the academy together [or alone in any rooms]. If a female/minor student, or parent find themselves at the academy alone with a male instructor, the female/minor student or parent must wait outside the dojo until another instructor or adult arrives. If a minor member arrives by themselves, parents are required to wait with their son or daughter before they leave until two adults arrive to the academy or Jiu-Jitsu related event. This is required as we do not want children waiting outside by themselves. The above policy extends beyond just the academy to: car rides, school activities and tournaments.
2. There is zero tolerance for any fraternizing between RSA instructors and female/minor students and parents. RSA Instructors are held to a higher standard and are prohibited from dating and corresponding with members and parents of the opposite sex. Furthermore, phone calls, text messages or communication through any other media such as social networks is specifically prohibited between instructors and students and parents of the opposite sex and all minors. This is to ensure that inappropriate interaction between staff members, parents and students are completely avoided.
3. All members are required to change in the bathroom at all times if stripping down to underwear. If you are uncomfortable with changing in the bathroom, we ask that you change in your car or at home before entering the dojo. We do not allow members to dress for class in hallways or the outside areas.
5. Video taping and inappropriate conversations in person or via digital communication are not allowed between instructors and students.
6. Kids must remain in eyesight of their parents at all times before and after classes. All students under the age of 14 must wait for their ride to arrive in the dojo hallway.
7. RSA has been built on many years of a lot of sacrifice, hard work, tears and, yes, blood. Our collective aim is to maintain the highest level of safety for everyone while growing and maintaining a reputation of excellence in professionalism. Those who have violated the sacred trust of the teacher student relationship will be asked to step away from the academy. However, we are confident that those lacking the integrity to maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries will remove themselves. If this is the case, please demonstrate respect for the team and remember all you’ve attained at RSA. The policies and procedures may seem to be too rigid for some. If this is true for you, please find another place to train.
8. Private Lessons with Instructors and opposite sex or minors are only allowed in the dojo with two or more adults present. We are serious about avoiding any problems that may arise from home training or one on one private sessions.
Aloha everyone, starting on Friday August 18, the 6:30 pm time slot will now be for gi only sparring. Based on past experience, if you can train at this time, give it a few weeks of continuous attendance to help build the training pool.
Pray for our neighbor islands.
Wednesday night 6:30 pm Adult Class will be canceled due to a special event (Note: kids classes will run as scheduled).
Also, for current information regarding the academy schedule please click here.
RVC: A great example
January 2023 uncle BO’s HONOLULU
Instructor Event (Purple Belts and Up) on Friday 1/13/2023.
6:30 PM Adult Class will be closed. Schedule will resume as normal every week on Friday 1/20.
If you are a Purple Belt or higher, please contact us to RSVP event.
Tuesdays and Thursdays will now be No Gi Open Mat from 11:30 - 1:00 PM.
Happy New Year!
Thank you for your patience as we installed our new mat surface and refinished our wall pads.
Special thanks to Kevin Ko and Juno Chung for their generous donations that made our new mat possible. You guys are amazing.
Please help keep the mats in good shape by using white athletic tape and tape up polished nails. Also, please use white gis only and washed colored rash guards.
Enjoy the new academy.
Ronn Shiraki Academy
The Relson Gracie Ronn Shiraki Academy (RSA) is a small, low-key but highly advanced Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school located in the heart of Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. We are dedicated instructors who strive to provide a pure "art" and soul martial arts environment with a focus on traditional methods of training.